Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Inspired Handprint Keepsake Project

I did this fun project with my children last year. Every time I look at it I think of spring and it makes me happy. Sheek Shindigs is planning a spring/flower themed birthday party for a client in May and this is one of the activities that the children will be doing to take home.



It is really inexpensive and easy to do at home. Purchase a canvas at your local craft store as well as some acrylic paint and some foam brushes. Simply paint your child's hands and let them make a flower by rotating their handprints on the canvas. I used the sides of their hands to make the stems and their feet for the petals. My oldest used his finger tips to add sunflower seeds to his sunflower.



The finished product will add lots of color to the walls of your child's room or playroom as well as leave you with a keepsake for years to come. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea!! I will have Lindsey and Jamie doing this for sure!!

    XOXO,
    2PG

    ReplyDelete