Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn Craft Ideas

Last week I took my youngest two for their first autumn nature walk of the season. We had so much fun collecting "treasures" along our walk. Five days later,however, we have had two bags full of leaves, sticks, and acorns sitting in our garage, waiting to be put to use. This afternoon we did some traditional leaf rubbings which were fun, but short-lived. I decided to look for some other fun, crafty uses for our treasures and this is what I came up with:

How beautiful is this Autumn Tree craft from Full Circle! I love the simplicity of the project and it is the perfect craft for making use of our crunchy leaves.


These Leaf Ghosts from SheKnows.com are just so cute. Not only will your little one have fun painting their leaves, but you will get an early start on your Halloween decorations, too!


Let everyone create a few mini trial versions of their jack-o-lantern design with these Acorn Pumpkins from Family Fun.  When everyone is done, vote on the best designs for when the real deal rolls around.


Let your little one help add a festive touch to your holiday decor with these Acorn Picture Frames from Better Homes and Gardens.


Looks like we are going to be busy crafting this week. I hope that I have inspired you to get out with your kids, collect some treasures, and have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment