Monday, October 10, 2011

Have You Been BOO'ed?

Any day now, our street's traditional Halloween BOOing should begin. Up until about 4 1/2 years ago, when we moved into our house, I had never heard of this Halloween tradition. One October night our doorbell rang right around bath time and when we went to answer the door we were greeted by a mysterious basket of Halloween goodies and a cute little "You have been BOO'ed" poem. My kids thought that it was the coolest thing ever and since then they look forward to it every year.

There are some great printable BOO'ed signs out there, however this is the first BOO'ed door hanger that I have come across and I LOVE IT! Skip to my Lou designed this adorable printable door hanger that has a BOO'ed poem on one side and a "We've Been Boo'ed" sign on the other side. So smart and creative!


To create, simply download the free door hanger printable, here, and follow Skip to my Lou's easy directions, which can be found here.  Once you have made your door hanger, start the BOOing! Hang the hanger on your friend's door and leave some treats for them to enjoy. Once they have been BOO'ed, they can turn the door hanger around and continue the tradition by BOOing another unsuspecting friend. It is so much fun. Just trust me!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! It would be so perfect on our street, too! We live on a cul-de-sac of only 10 homes - thanks so much for sharing the idea and I can't wait to get started!!!! I'm boo-ing you and your family with virtual candy and halloween trinkets right now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you like it. We also live on a cul-de-sac and everyone LOVES the BOOing. Virtual candy is the best! I don't have to hide it from the kids ;) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Oct 09:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete